Visitors’ personal data is collected and processed solely to the extent described below.
Which data are collected and for what purpose?
Avoiding and solving technical problems
When you visit our Site, your browser automatically sends information to the FIAS’s web server. This information is anonymously saved in a log file, stored there for a period of 2 months, and then deleted. We process this information to ensure a steady and reliable connection between you and our Site and to solve any technical problems. The data involved are:
- Date and time of the visit
- Kind and version of the browser
- Operating system
- URL of the websites visited earlier, if they are linked to us
- Requested domain/resource
- Domain name of the requesting Internet service provider
- Report of successful data access
- Search term if a search machine is used
The aforementioned purposes also constitute the legitimate interests we pursue with processing the data (Art. 6 par. 1 lit. f GDPR).
Use of Your Information
The information we collect and store when you fill in forms on our website is used:
- To check on your application’s eligibility.
- To proceed to the assessment of your application by independent scientific experts, by FIAS Scientific Committee, as well as the scientific boards of the Institutes for Advanced Study you apply for.
- To notify you about the selection procedure and about any changes that may affect FIAS Fellowship Programme.
- To provide you with information on FIAS as well as on other partners, events and research programmes, which we believe, may be of interest to you.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping confidential the password we provided to you in order to access your user account.
Candidates: Your data is stored for 2 years maximum. After 2 years all personal data is deleted.
Selected Fellows: Your data is stored for the duration of the fellowship programme + 5 years (for programme audit purposes. After this period all data is deleted.
To ensure that your data is processed in a secure way during transmission, we use encryption in accordance with the state of the technology, including SSL (Secure Socket Layer). We implement technical and organizational measures to secure our Site and other systems against the loss, destruction, access, alteration, or dissemination of your data by unauthorized persons.
Contact data of the responsible parties
The processor pursuant to the GDPR and other national data protection laws is the RFIEA Foundation, 15, Parvis René Descartes 69007 Lyon For any question on data protection, please contact our Programme Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org